iFD GmbH wins a new WMS customer from Lower Saxony. The company Schmettau & Fuchs GmbH offers engine and vehicle wear parts. The goal is to optimize the intralogistics with the help of the agile and highly available iFD-WMS and an AutoStore connection.
The warehouse is planned with an AutoStore system, a pallet warehouse, a shelf warehouse, and a block warehouse, packing stations, setup stations, goods receipt area, goods issue area and returns area.
The iFD-WMS functional scope includes:
- Goods receipt process against purchase order or through unplanned goods receipts
- Receiving and storage taking different storage strategies into account
- Inventory and storage location management
- Manual and automatic replenishment, considering various replenishment strategies
- Picking in the manual storage areas according to the man-to-goods principle, single-order picking and multi-order picking
- Zero-net inventory, permanent inventory, End-of-period inventory
- Connection of the AutoStore
- Storage in undivided and divided bins
- Inventory reservation on bin level by the WMS
- Multi-order picking
- Connection of pick-by-light components to the ports
- Packaging and shipping incl. connection of external shipping software
- Value-added services
- Control of transports in the warehouse
By implementing the system, Schmettau & Fuchs GmbH receives a modern and future-proof software that can be expanded and adapted to changing processes at any time due to its modular structure. With the implementation of the iFD-WMS processes can be optimized, simplified and the transparency within intralogistics can be increased.